Steven K. Knapp:
Triscend SupportCenter Examples
[Back to Steve Knapp's portfolio page]
The following are some example solutions created for the Triscend SupportCenter, an online customer support portal. These articles existed within a searchable, hierarchical, keyworded, content management system supplied by KnowledgeBase.net. Each article represents respresents a solution to a real customer question. Because the Triscend site disappeared soon after the purchase by Xilinx, some of the links within these solutions may no longer exist.
The Triscend SupportCenter web site was featured in an article by Customer Support Management magazine in July/August 2000.
FPGA, field programmable gate array, programmable logic, CPLD, EPLD, configurable, system-on-chip, SoC, CSoC, embedded, processor, microcontroller, 8051, 8052, 8031, 8032, E5, ARM7, ARM9, ARM7TDMI, FastChip, XACT, ISE, Spartan-3, Spartan-3E, Spartan-3A, Spartan-3AN, iCE65, starter kit, tutorial, bubble memory, Xilinx, Triscend, SiliconBlue, Intel, block RAM, BRAM, DCM, DLL, boards, evaluation kit, patent, X-BLOX, logic synthesis, Flash, SPI, security, configuration, PCI, LogiCore, Plug-n-Play, SupportCenter, IP, intellectual property
- Are CSL Cell RAM Memories Set to Their Initial Values After All Types of Resets?
- Are There Any Issues Using a 16-bit Flash with an A7 Device?
- Are There OrCAD Symbols for the E5 and A7 Device Packages?
- Are There Problems Reading a Multi-byte Counter?
- Can I Add External SRAM to My A7 Design?
- Can I Assign an Address for a CSL-Based Register from within FastChip?
- Can I Connect the SPI Module to Other Logic Instead of the Dedicated PIO Pins?
- Can I Daisy-chain Multiple E5 or A7 Devices over JTAG?
- Can I Download a New A7 CSoC Design to My EPI Dev-A7 using EPI’s JEENI® or MAJIC® JTAG Probes?
- Can I Download and Debug via a Remote PC?
- Can I Install FastChip 1999 on Windows 2000?
- Can I Perform a Low-Level Diagnostic on the Wiggler JTAG Cable and Connection?
- Can I Re-Import an EDIF File?
- Can I Run FastChip 2 from the Command Line?
- Can I Use PDATA in My E5 Application?
- Determining if FastChip is licensed on my computer
- Do the E5's VCC and VCCIO Inputs Require Separate Power Supplies?
- Do You Have Example Code for Downloading to Triscend E5 CSoC Devices via JTAG?
- Does FastChip Support OrCAD VHDL Simulation?
- Does the A7's SDRAM Controller Support any 32-bit-wide (x32) SDRAM Devices?
- Does Using a Hardware Breakpoint affect CSL Resources?
- FastChip Device Link (FDL) Connection Problems on Samsung Laptops
- How Can I Connect the 3.3-volt E5 to a 5-volt Device?
- How Can I Reduce Flash Download or Programming Time?
- How Can I Tell If I'm Using E5 Production Silicon?
- How Can I Tell Which Version of the A7S20 Silicon I Have?
- How Do I Configure the A7's SDRAM Interface in FastChip?
- How Do I Configure the iKit2000 Connection?
- How Do I Connect to the iKit2000 Board from Windows 95?
- How Do I Create a Connection for iKit2000?
- How Do I Create or Edit "Project Notes" in FastChip?
- How Do I Determine How Much RAM I Have?
- How Do I Determine if visionPROBE is configured correctly
- How Do I Determine My Available Disk Space?
- How Do I Determine Which Version of FastChip 1999 I Have?
- How Do I Determine Which Windows Version I Have?
- How Do I Fix an 'Insufficient Code Space' Error?
- How Do I install a NULL Modem Device in Windows 95?
- How Do I install Dial-Up Networking in Win 95-98?
- How Do I Install FastChip 2.x?
- How Do I Install the GNU Compiler and GDB Debugger Binary Executables?
- How Do I Make Windows 2000 Hibernate with visionCLICK Installed?
- How Do I Obtain an Evaluation License for the WindRiver® Diab™ Compiler?
- How Do I Print Out a FastChip Design in the CSL Window?
- How Do I Set the Baud-Rate for the 8051's Dedicated UART?
- How Do I Set the Baud-Rate for the Full UART Soft IP Module?
- How Do I Set Up and Enable the A7's Memory Protection Unit (MPU) and Cache?
- How Do I Set Up Keil µVision2 to Work with Triscend FastChip?
- How do I Start FastChip 2 Installation?
- How Do I Tie an Input High (Logic '1') or Low (Logic '0') in FastChip?
- How Do I Uninstall FastChip 2?
- How Does the E5's Second Data Pointer Work?
- How Much Do Triscend E5 or A7 CSoC Devices Cost?
- How Will My Compiler Know the Address or Register Assignments for My Soft Peripherals?
- I Accidentally Set the Security Bit on My E5 Device. Now What Can I Do?
- I Clicked a Module and Saw a Warning Message About a "Deprecated" Module. What Does That Mean?
- I Disconnected Power to My Board and Now I Can No Longer Connect via FDL, csoc download, the Keil Debugger, or TMJS. What Do I Do Now?
- I Only Want to Download from My Lab PC. What Parts of FastChip Do I Need to Install?
- I Tried to License FastChip 1999 and I Never Receive a License. What Do I Do?
- I Tried to Verify my Download in FastChip 2.4.0. Why Did it Fail?
- I Upgraded to FastChip 2.4.0 and Now I'm Having Problems Downloading to Flash?
- I Upgraded or Changed My Computer. Can I Receive a New FastChip License?
- I Want to Program the Flash for My A7 or E5 Design Using an External PROM Programmer. Which File Do I Use?
- I Want to Use the Triscend Graphic LCD Development Board What Else Do I Need?
- I'm Using FastChip 1999. How Do I Update to the Latest Version?
- In an E5 Application, Can a CSL Function Read or Write to Random Addresses on the CSI Bus?
- Is It Possible to Execute Flash Programming Algorithms from Internal SRAM but Execute Application Code from Flash?
- Is there a tutorial for OrCAD Capture or eCapture?
- Is There a Tutorial on the 8051 Microcontroller?
- Is There a Way to Customize the Icon for an Imported Module?
- Is There a Way to Identify an E5 Device via Software?
- Is there Support for SST's 16-bit-wide 39 Series Flash Devices in FastChip 2.3.0?
- On the E5, Can the 8051's SFR or Internal RAM be the Source or Destination of a DMA Transfer?
- 'Save Converted Libraries and Designs' Message
- What Development Boards are Available for the Triscend A7 CSoC Family?
- What Is the Delay from DMA Request to DMA Acknowledge?
- What Is the Difference Between an 8051, 8052, 8031, 8032, 80C320, and an E5?
- What is the Pin Layout of the JTAG Download Cable for the E5 Development Board?
- What JTAG Probe Can I Use for the Triscend Development Board?
- What Speed Flash Do I Need to Run the E5's 8051 at Full Speed?
- What Types of Functions are in the Royalty-Free Triscend Graphic LCD Driver Library?
- Where Can I Receive Technical Support on the Keil Compiler or Assembler?
- Where Do I Obtain Technical Support for the Packages Included in the Triscend SDK?
- Which Emulators Support the Triscend E5 CSoC Devices?
- Which Flash Memories Does FastChip Support?
- Which Modules or Functions are Included in the FastChip Soft IP Library?
- Which Passive LCD Panels Are Supported by the Triscend Graphic LCD Development Kit?
- Which Pins Connect to the E5's Dedicated UART?
- Which Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) Support the Triscend A7?
- Which Serial PROMs Can I Use to Initialize an E5 CSoC Device?
- Why Can't I Make My A7 Design Work with SDRAM at Over 50 MHz in FastChip 2.4.0?
- Why Can't I Open a FastChip Project or Bind a Project on the Korean, Japanese, or Chinese Versions of Windows?
- Why Can't I Send or Receive Data from My UART?
- Why Can't I Set an E5 Hardware Breakpoint in the 8051's DATA, IDATA, or SFR Space?
- Why Can't I Set E5 Breakpoints in Flash using Keil dScope?
- Why Can't I Use the PMOD_A31_PIO Pin in FastChip 2.2.0?
- Why Do I Only Get One Wait-State with the A7 "Wait Control" Module?
- Why Do I See a Keil License Failure If I Connect the E5 JTAG Cable?
- Why Do I See a "Unable to reset and halt CSoC" Error When I Attempt to Download to an E5 Device?
- Why Do I See a "Save Converted Libraries and Designs" Message When I Quit OrCAD?
- Why Does FastChip DeviceLink (FDL) or "csoc download" Fail on Windows ME?
- Why Doesn't FastChip 2.3.0 Generate an Entry in the *.c or *.h Header File for an E5 User-Assigned Address?
- Why Doesn't the E5 Crystal Oscillator Amplifier Work?
- Why Don't the Upper CSI Socket Address Bits Toggle on the A7?
- Why Don't I See a CPURST Signal When I Boot an E5 Device from External Flash or Serial PROM?